I've been awarded the Beautiful Blogger award by bloggie friend Ashley over at Just The Ashes. Be sure to check out her blog cause she's full of awesomeness! Here are the rules...and yes you must follow them!
1) Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2) Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.
Here are my 7 interesting things! *drum roll please*
1. I have spent 2 years in the software consulting industry and absolutely love it. I believe that I have found my career niche & I'm so proud of that!
2. I spent 8 months of my life exploring Europe in 2007 and had the best time ever. I would give anything to go back & I honestly believe that there's an opportunity for me to do so in 2010 - keep your fingers crossed!
3. I would love to move up north. I love the warm weather of the south, but it often times get too freakin hot to enjoy & it's rare that we see the true changing of the seasons. I'd love to live in a city where there are actually 4 seasons!
4. I am currently considering changing employers. I love my consulting career, but I am hoping that 2010 will boast loads of opportunities for me to learn, grow, and advance in my career. I'm not sure if my current employer is totally open to offering me that opportunity. The next few weeks will tell, but ultimately I need to pursue what makes me happy & I think one of the "big 4" consulting firms may swallow me up! :)
5. My world has been completely changed with the birth of my niece. She is the sweetest little thing & is growing like a weed. It's been such a joy to watch her learn and grow over the last 8 weeks. Although the circumstances around her conception weren't the best, I want her to have the best & I'll do anything to make sure she does!
6. As I write this post, I am starving! LOL
7. I was supposed to get my hair done at 9 AM so I thought, but I forgot to make an appointment, so I'm going at 11:00 AM instead. Annnnnd in true black folks fashion, I will be in the shop alllllllllllllll freakin day because of this! I've charged up my phone, gathered my magazines, and made a few playlists to hopefully counteract my bordem!
Now I've got to nominate 7 lovely bloggers - so here goes...in no particular order!