HOWEVER, I’m willing to admit that I’ve made some mistakes, I’m not perfect, and I’m sure I’ll make more mistakes in the future.
I wish that I would have made more responsible decisions in my past, but that's all behind me. I can be more responsible in the future though…
Here’s my list of things I wish I knew then:
- Being successful is great, but along with that success sometimes comes loneliness.
- Money does not define who you are, only you can define who you are!
- People will befriend you because they think they can benefit from what you have & not from who you are on the inside!
- TRUE friends will be there through thick & thin, no matter how much you argue and/or fight, they’ll always have your back.
- Student loan debt is a MF, be responsible & only take out the amount you need for school, not the amount you need for school & the amount you need to “have fun” while at school. Paying the loans back SUCKS ASS! I HATE STUDENT LOAN PAYMENTS!
- Just because it’s shiny, it sparkles, and it’s new that doesn’t mean you can’t live without it!
- Love will find you, there’s no point in looking for love.
- Having an affair with a married man will only leave you with loads & loads of heartache, it’s not worth it. Just say no – kinda like what you should say to (illegal) drugs!
- Your parents generally know what the hell they’re talking about.
- Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!
- If a man is not willing to accept you for who & what you are, walk away because he doesn’t deserve you!
- If a man has multiple children by multiple women, he’s probably a dog!
- If a man has children & doesn’t pay child support, he’s not worth your time! If he isn’t taking care of his kids, why the hell would he take care of you?
- If a man tells you he doesn’t want a relationship, then HE DOESN’T WANT A RELATIONSHIP! Don’t be foolish & try to convince him that he does!
- When you can’t figure out what to do, turn on some music & dance your problems away.
- Partying & drinking all night the day before a flight & then rushing through one of world’s craziest airports in a foreign country is a very dumb thing to do.
- Partying & drinking all night the day before an 8 hour flight is even more insane, hungover motion sickness on a plane is terrible especially when crossing the Atlantic or Pacific ocean!
- Breaking the heel on your favorite Nine West shoes because you ran through the airport to make your connection is totally worth it, being stuck overnight in a great city, but a roach motel is NOT worth it!
- You’ll catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar!
- Don’t worry about what your “friends” are doing, worry about what you are doing & what you plan to do – only you can determine your destiny!
So that’s my list of “I wish I knew then what I know now.” The last few years I’ve gone through so many ups & downs, bad relationships, bad friendships, good friendships, good fun, good times, & good memories. I don’t want to look back & say I wish I would have, I want to look back & say this is what I did, this is what I learned, and this is how I grew!
What do you wish you knew then?