Saturday, August 15, 2009

What A Week!!!

This week was a long week, it was a stressful week, I thought that I was going to scream at every single person I work with. I mean it was almost a bit ridiculous! Some days I just can’t get enough, other days I’ve had waaaaaay too much!


So what’s up you ask?!?! I’m moving back into my condo after 2 years of not living there. I purchased the condo back in 2005, lived in it until 2007 & then moved to a bigger city to start on my MBA. After a year of working full time, traveling both in and out of the US, and trying to keep up with course work, I realized that I was failing miserably at school & something had to give. Because I’ve got a totally awesome (yes stressful) job, I knew that my MBA had to be put on hold for a while. At least until I could get my comfortable in my job. I moved back to the town that I semi grew up in (military brat remember) & got an apartment. I didn’t move back into my condo immediately because I was renting it out. Renting a property that I wasn’t able to check into on a monthly basis – bad idea, terrible idea actually. My condo is empty, I’ve started to assess the damage done by others and it’s ridiculous that people could be so careless with something that doesn’t belong to them!



Most of my weekends will be spent getting the house back into a condition that I would like to live in! I had a professional carpet cleaning company come in to salvage the carpet!! Thankfully, the carpet looks great post cleaning, minus the marker spots in the master bedroom. Next week I expect to have the condo professionally painted & now I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the paint color that I picked out! Anyways, it’s a really warm gold tone & I like it! I’ve already put up wooden blinds in both bedrooms, but still have to replace the blinds in the living room and kitchen. I’m also toying with the idea of hardwood floors. I haven’t made a decision one way or another, but I think hardwoods would look great in my place!



I hope the next couple of months fly by & the transition from my apartment to my condo goes smooth! Boy have I learned some lessons from this landlord thing, I don’t think I’ll ever try to do this again; at least not until I have more time to manage it personally! Trying to manage such a thing from another Country, let alone another State is horrifying! It angers me that people don’t respect the property of others, but I guess we all live and learn huh?



On a lighter note, I have fallen in love with Banana Republic’s pants. I heart that place!! 36 inch inseam pants means that I can now wear dress pants AND high heels to work, I don’t have to sacrifice one for the other AND thanks to my corporate card rewards program, I have tons of Banana Republic gift cards! Ladies you know what that means right?! TIME TO SHOP!

No comments: