Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Last Few Months

Hopefully this will give a little insight into where I've been for the last few months.....

In my post here I mentioned that I was going to do some renovations to my condo.  I had a contractor ready to go, estimates were in and I knew exactly what it was going to cost me.  Just before I called the contractor to start, there was a little hiccup in my life and my finances.  I never really talked about this hiccup because I didn't want anyone to "feel sorry for me" and quite frankly it depressed me to even think about it.  

I, a woman who was totally independent, a woman who "lived the life" a lot of 20 somethings dream of, a woman who was financially stable....was let go from my job.  It happened at the end of January.  I kind of, only kind of, knew that it was coming - the company was failing miserably financially, there had been other cut backs & I was happy to not be one of them, but I knew my time was coming. The good thing for me is that I had been on a mad hunt for a job.  When I was let go, I'd previously had 2 interviews with a company (that I was dying to work for) and was waiting on my third and final interview at which time I was advised if they liked me, they would make an offer.  My third interview was a week after I was let go & I landed the job that day!  I was ecstatic, absolutely ecstatic!  Not only did I land a job with a company that I've been wanting to work for for the longest, I got a pretty steep signing bonus for accepting the offer.  My skill set is one they've been looking for since the economy picked up; so the signing bonus was pretty freakin sweet as was my salary offer. 

I started at the new company at the beginning of March, so in all actuality I was without a job from the end of January until the beginning of March, but the break was good.  I got to spend some much needed quality time with my niece, see my friends who I hadn't seen much and get everything straightened out for the renovation.  Since I started the new job, I'm back to traveling every week.  I've been to Chicago, NYC, and a couple of other pretty cool places.  All and all it's been a good, but life changing experience.  

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, I believe that when one door closes another door opens & not only did God know it was time for me to move on, he made sure I had a place to move to.  He works in mysterious ways doesn't He?

Off to bed now - I have an early morning flight to Charlotte - hope everyone had an awesome weekend!  

5 comments:

Angela said...

I didn't realize that you had been let go from your job, but thank goodness for the new one! It sounds like a much better fit for you anyway. Glad to hear that things are going well once again :)

Soph! said...

So glad everything worked out. I knew it would. You're an amazing, smart, successful woman! Of course it was gonna work out :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I saw your link on 20sb. I like personal blogs (which i have too) because i gain lessons from the life of other people. Following you now.

Becca Christensen said...

Welcome back!! So glad to hear an update and just to see you back on blogger!!

xoxo.

michelle said...

wow sucks about being let go, but that timing is amazing :) i'm glad things are going so well with the new job, too