Monday, December 7, 2009

7. Windows 7: To install or not to install

That is the question!

I purchased a new laptop several months ago & the laptop purchase came with a free Windows 7 upgrade.  I received the upgrade disc in the mail last week, but have not installed Windows 7 yet.  I'm currently using Window's Vista which I hate, but I'm scared that I may completely screw up my PC by installing Windows 7.  Are you, any of my fellow bloggers, using Windows 7? Do you love it? Hate it? Did you install it yourself and was it hard or easy?  I have yet to decide what I'm going to do, but I think I should go for you....what do you think?

5 comments:

Laura&Chris said...

All I can say, is that I've played around on my mom's laptop which has vista and i hate it!... have also played around on a computer with Windows 7 and from what i saw LOVED it! it's sort of MACish in a way. I definitely think it's better than Vista, so I say go for it! :)

Becca Christensen said...

I vote ditch your PC and get a mac book like me. : ]

michelle said...

lol im still running XP. i refused to buy a new laptop when they started forcing everyone to vista because vista sucks. from what i've seen of 7, i like. cant attest to actual usage though. the only thing i know is that installation will be easy as pie. windows knows how to make at least that work all the time :p

NA said...

@Laura - the install is almost finished! I'm kinda excited, I just googled screenshots of Windows 7 from my work laptop & it looks great!

@Becca - No ma'am! Love my iPhone, but I'm not buying a mac!

@Michelle - Installation is pretty easy, just put in the DVD & wait...I think lol

Jill said...

i have the same issue! I got a new laptop in sept. and I can get a free windows 7 disk but i havent yet. Vista stinks!! i hate it so you have inspired me to order windows 7 now :)